Saturday, July 21, 2007

Fun with Fungus

Every so often, it's time to post something a bit off the beaten path.


On a recent hike through the woods, with family in tow, we were struck by the huge number of spontaneous growth fungus. Below are included just a few species we came across. All tolled, we photographed 38 variety of fungus within a 2 mile hike. I'm sure we could have captured more of these critters, but the camera battery was running low. Northern Wisconsin is home to many variety of fungus, most not edible, but quite beautiful. I friend of mine once commented that there are really only two kinds of mushroom hunters...those that have gotten sick and those that haven't gotten sick yet (Thanks Sig for the helpful advice and I don't eat what I photograph) However, I hope you enjoy these beauties. If you're interested in the collection, send and email and you can get them all.



 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: